Lord help me now. These are so good! I got the idea to make Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes when Priscila asked me on Facebook to try my hand at making a strawberry shortcake. Sadly I don't own a round cake pan, but my birthday is coming up soon (*hint, hint Mom*)! So I improvised as best as I could. As we all know, I love a good cupcake, so I couldn't put these down. I even had two for breakfast the next morning. I swear I'm cutting back on sugar...just as soon as these cupcakes are gone! There's actually strawberries on the inside of the cupcake as well. I tried to get a good picture, but it didn't look like anything special. The taste was spectacular though!
*Makes 12 cupcakes*
- 1 batch of my Perfect Yellow Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
Follow the directions to make the batter for my Perfect Yellow Cupcakes. Once the batter is done, place the liners in your cupcake pan and grease them. Put a small amount of batter into the bottom of the liner, about 1/4 of the way full. Layer 3-5 slices of strawberries on top, then top the strawberries with more batter. Don't overfill the cupcake liners. It shouldn't be completely full! Bake 18-21 minutes in a 350F oven. Check at 15 minutes to maker sure the tops aren't getting too brown! Allow to cool before decorating.
- 1 container of whippable vegan whipped cream (I used Mimic Creme's Healthy Top, but Soyatoo makes a great one too!)
- 1 container of vegan cream cheese (I used Galaxy's new Cream Cheese! So good!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup mashed strawberries or strawberry jam